Upper East Side Is Pleased To Announce Its Healthy Heart Program;
A Program Designed To Assist Patients To Achieve And Maintain Optimal Cardiovascular Health.
Heart failure affects approximately 5 million Americans and is the leading cause of hospitalizations in the United States in people older than 65 years. The goal of the Health Heart Program is to provide post- acute care to patients as they recover from a cardiac event and restore overall health.
The Interdisciplinary team comprised of medical providers, nurses, therapists, dieticians and social workers will oversee every aspect of your care and develop an individualized plan focused on your needs and goals. A true measure of our success is the development of our team so UES has partnered with Mt. Sinai Ace Academy Program to provide education to staff on heart failure. The team will also work closely with our expert cardiologist to adjust treatments to ensure a path to recovery.
The program comprises of:
- Assessment of the heart health with the use of advanced treatment protocols such as Telemedicine and New Bio-Impedance Device
- Lipid management and vital signs monitoring
- Education about heart health
- Treatments and support to reduce heart disease risks
- Nutrition and exercise counseling
- Smoke cessation and stress management
A key component of the program is providing patient education and guidance on exercise, nutrition, medication use and other ways to improve heart health so you can successfully return to the community. UES uses advanced treatment protocols and technology such as telemedicine to keep in close contact with medical providers as well as a new bio-impedance device that will monitor changes in heart condition.
Benefits of the program:
- Prevent re-hospitalization
- Decreases health cost
- Maximizes patient activities
- Support patient and increases confidence
For more information about the Healthy Heart Program and the Upper East Side Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, please call 212–879‑1600.